25 Jul 2007

Presenting - the week of geek

One of the things I really like about the d1sc0r0b0t is that it's not too technical. I write about books, television, music, zombies occasionally, but not a lot really about computers and junk. Because really, if you want computer info, there's plenty out there - it's what the Internet's made of. Well, that and pictures of people's cats.

But I'm going to break my own rule. This week my hard drive died. I didn't lose a single file. What's more, while I was rebuilding my computer, I was still able to keep working armed with nothing more than a web browser. And I figured that there might be some people out there who would like to know how to set up their computer so they don't lose important data on the Day Of Destruction.

So I'm declaring this the week of geek. There'll be a post or two every day about things like backups, online apps, and moving your data around. It's not going to be particularly technical, so it will be easy to follow. And even if you think it's boring, you might want to have a look. Unless you're OK with that novel you've been working on for the last ten years getting its ones where its zeros should be.

Normal, non-technical service will return in a week. Hey, it might only be three days. And just to sweeten the deal:

The Goodies

No comments: