8 May 2007

Books now and later

Now:
I'm currently reading the new Tim Willocks The Religion. It's very different to his previous stuff, but still brilliant. I can see this becoming a very big book indeed.

There's an article at mediabistro about the US Religion party. Interestingly, it's going to be co-published by Tor and Farrar, Straus & Giroux. Tim Willocks is back. And he is awesome.

Later:
Can't wait to read Michael Chabon's The Yiddish Policemen's Union. Salon cover it here, and there's coverage at the WSG (again, via Galleycat) about the giant eight-month rewrite effort. Wow. I break out into a sweat when I think about rewrites on a 5000-word short story.

I'm always forcing books on to people who undoubtedly would rather not read them but are too polite to say no. And the books I've recommended more than any others over the years have been Willocks' Green River Rising and Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. So if I've ever tried to pass one of those books on to you, prepare for a fresh onslaught.

No comments: