9 Feb 2013

Awards

I haven't published a lot of short stories this year - I've been working on... other things. Good things. Perhaps, if various things happen you'll get to see these good things one day. In the meantime, I'll keep working on these other, secret, good things.

It's Sir Julius Vogel Award time again. I have a couple of works eligible in the short story category:

Wyoming, published last May in Comets and Criminals

Better Phones, published in Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine #56

I believe SpecFicNZ are planning on publishing a comprehensive list of qualifying works by SpecFicNZ members. I'll put a link up when it's ready.

And on the subject of awards, I am eligible for the John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer this year.  Of course, so are a whole bunch of very talented people. Don't believe me? The folks at Stupefying Stories have done this:

Now, for the first time in the award's 40-year history, the2013 Campbellian Pre-Reading Anthology provides a much-needed and long-overdue guide to the newly emerging talents eligible for this year's award. Containing 80 complete short stories by 43 different authors, as well as additional information about another 58 potential candidates, the 2013 Campbellian Pre-Reading Anthology is your guide to the newest science fiction and fantasy writers who are helping to define the future of the genre.
The anthology is only available for a short time, so grab it here while you can. There's a lot of great fiction to go through, but I can guarantee that my story has the longest title.




No comments: