13 Mar 2011

Driving by

This is one of those posts where I cram a whole bunch in. Ready?

My story 'The Salt Line' is featured in Night-Mantled: The Best of Wily Writers (Volume 1). I'm in good company: Nathan Crowder, Jennifer Brozek, Seanan Mcguire and many others including the mighty Ripley Patton. It's available at Amazon and Smashwords. Check it out.

Ripley of course, lives down in Christchurch, my home town. I've tried several times to write something meaningful about the earthquake and failed. Emily Perkins covers it better than I ever could in The Guardian.

My story 'When Her Wings' is included in Tales For Canterbury, organised by the amazing J.C. Hart and Anna Caro, with all proceeds going to help Christchurch. It's going to be available soon, in both ebook and paper versions. Seriously people, you're going to want to buy a copy of this one. Check out the list of contributors! I'm going to ask everyone to make a real big noise when it comes out.

If you're in Auckland on March 25th, get yourself to a library for the Auckland Writers and Poets benefit for the Christchurch earthquake. Which library? Pretty much any of the 30+ libraries around Auckland. Looks like most are kicking off at either 6PM, with a few at 1PM. Check your local library for more details. I'll be reading something at the Highland Park library.

Just one more piece of news. I've just learned that my poem 'Dead Air' from Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine #46 received an honorable mention in Ellen Datlow's Best Horror of the Year! And it wasn't just me: John Dixon & Adam Browne's 'The Laughing Girl of Bora Fanong' and Christopher Green's 'Linger' also got nods. If you haven't checked out Andromeda Spaceways before, consider that your invitation.

OK, one more. b0t #2 is late but it's coming. Soon. For serious.

No comments: