12 Sept 2010

I'm in the cabinet!

Got news today that my micro story/entry/thing, "Kepler The Clock" was accepted for The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities, edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer. I'm outrageously thrilled by this - it's a really cool project and I'll be sharing a book with some of my heroes. They're in first class and I'm way back in coach, but still. I've been smiling about it all day.

I wrote the story on my iPod, while Liz and I were taking a tram to the Melbourne museum. This isn't a writing technique I'll be using again - it's murder on the thumbs. When I handed it over to Liz, she complained about all the words that didn't fit. Thanks iTunes auto-correct.

The micro stories were submitted on Jeff's blog and they're still there. Worth checking out - there are some absolutely insane entries there. I'm looking at you, BEAR GUN.

1 comment:

Lynne Jamneck said...

Nice one. Congrats :)