27 Jul 2008

The books

So yesterday I braved the storm of the century to check out the annual Variety monster book.

I'd like to think I didn't go too crazy...


A few classics. No, I don't think my reading habits have been influenced by Starship Sofa, why do you ask?


The Terror for two dollars! Big volume of Sturgeon. The volume on the end is a real find. Stories by a great many giants including H.P. Lovecraft, C.M. Kornbluth, Clark Ashton Smith, Sturgeon, Kuttner, Bradbury, Heinlein, Blish, Vance, Philip Jose Farmer, Shirley Jackson, Robert Bloch, Avram Davidson, Thomas M. Disch, Fritz Leiber, Roger Zelazny, R.A. Lafferty, Harlan Ellison and more.



My Moorcock collection already takes up a couple of shelves. I'm working on number three now...


There were a crazy number of old magazines. And here I could have gone completely mad, but I was strong and just snagged a handful of F&SF from the sixties. Some very good stories though.


And check out who's on the back - Hugo Gernsback, a couple of editors from the Book of the month club and ... Louis Armstrong?



Pretty good haul. Now I just need to find the time to read them. I'm still reading stuff I got from last year.

No comments: