28 May 2007

More music

OK, so I know d1sc0r0b0t is at risk of becoming just me drooling at how great emusic is. Nevertheless, here's what I've been listening to recently. Click the links for previews.

Elbow, Leaders of the free world
I've had Elbow's 2001 album Asleep in the back since, well, 2001, I guess. And I like it, but Leaders of the Free World is better. Very possibly epic.

The Decemberists, Castaways and Cutouts
Downloaded this one a while ago. I listened to it a few times and thought meh. But then I had another listen last week, and now the Decemberists are my new favorite band. I don't know. Maybe it's the arcane vocabulary. Maybe it's the accordion. But this is great stuff. Which is why today I got:

The Decemberists, Picaresque
Which I've only listened to once so far and it makes my ears happy. Which is why I also downloaded:

The Decemberists, The Tain
Which I haven't listened to at all yet, but it's only a single download for the whole EP. And the reviews are good.

And that is how I managed to use up nearly my whole month's worth of emusic downloads in a couple of days...

No comments: